Well it looks like we are close to a reopening date, to prepare you we are sending out 2 updates.
In this update we will cover changes implemented by Dwell that adheres to provincial and municipal guidelines as well as changes we have taken upon ourselves to make your return as safe and enjoyable as possible.
The 2nd update to follow will cover reactivation of memberships.
What we have done:
- NEW “Swipe IN” and “Swipe OUT” Signs and an additional Card reader (on the right side as you exit) have been installed. The card readers will log members entering and exiting and will lock the door when full capacity (TBD) is reached.
- Members will be required to swipe in when arriving and swipe out when they exit. This is very important.
- Reorganizing of Equipment to maintain social distancing and create better flow.
- Secured benches to the floor in the DB area.
- Custom cardio shields have been installed.
- Installed new hooks to house all gym accessories, now more neat and tidy
- Signage has been installed to remind all members of Covid safety regulations
- Social Distancing, including floor decals assigning personal designated floor workout space-please stay within the 6 foot area.
- Max Occupancy- Hanging in each Section of the gym…. as you enter a specific area we will have a Max number of people assigned to that space …if its full please move into another area.
- 3 new hand sanitizer stations have been installed but please remember that the best method to stay safe is to wash your hands regularly with soap and water and not to touch your face.
- 11 new disinfectant stations in addition to the fit wipe stations. We will slowly be phasing out the Fit wipes and replacing them with the disinfectant sprays and paper towels.
- 2 new towel stations – one in the cardio area for members who are just coming in to do cardio and 1 in the squat room area- this will help again with traffic flow and social distancing.
- Removal of stored shoes and personal belongings– Sadly we will no longer allow the overnight storage of personal items.
- Removal of foam rollers.
- We have added an additional trainer’s station.
- NO sharing of equipment- Please do not occupy more than one machine at a time. ie. No supersetting.
- NO travelling exercises like walking lunges on the gym floor. Please use the Laneway.
Administratively we have made the following changes to protect you by eliminating transient members.
- New members must purchase a minimum of 3 months.
- No guest workouts.
- No daily drop in workouts.
- Staff and trainers will wear masks when social distancing is not possible and all tours will require masks to be worn.
- Dwell masks are now for sale in the vending machine, online or through the website.
NOW HERE IS WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
BY RETURNING TO DWELL YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE COVID FREE AND HEALTHY
- Swipe IN and Swipe OUT…..Very important
- Please do not show up if you have been out of the province and not quarantined for 14 days and or if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone who is not well.
- Do not show up if you are in any way apprehensive even with all the changes implemented
- Be kind to staff and your fellow members
- Please no shaming or policing- If you see something that concerns you please note the time and day and contact Eleni directly at email@example.com
- Minimize your footprint- Stretch at Home, Stay in a designated area to complete your exercise then move on to the next exercise.
- Wipe down equipment after use
- Use our online portal for renewals if applicable
- When in doubt please wash your hands and do not touch your face
- We have worked hard to find homes for all gym accessories. Please learn where these are and return gear to where it belongs.
- Although masks are exempted from being worn during Physical activity according to City of Toronto By-Law bill 511…. We strongly encourage using a mask when social distancing cannot be maintained. So please bring one with you and if you forget visit the vending machine where you can purchase a Dwell mask.